Consultancy For Small Business Management Training at Danish Refugee Council Closing date: 24 August
Experience: 5-9 years
Location: Borno, Adamawa
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Small Business Management Training in Nigeria – Borno and Adamawa States
• To provide a comprehensive small business management training of trainers to DRC Nigeria Livelihood Staff.
• To organize and facilitate small business management training of trainers for 25 DRC staff
• Develop small business training module and methodologies for training delivery; provide simulation training to identified staff of DRC.
• Design templates and tools for business plan development to provide guidance on beneficiary training on business planning
• Develop systematic methodologies, templates and tools to facilitate business plan review which may include the following but not limited to;
-Break Even Analysis
-Cost Benefit Analysis
-Return per dollar/naira invested
• Design a monitoring system and tools that focuses on monitoring financial performance ratios to guide DRC in business advisory tracking financial performance of small businesses supported by the programme. Simple record keeping tools will need to be designed for entrepreneurs considering the low literacy levels in some locations
• Provide mentorship to DRC Livelihoods staff during training of beneficiaries in Adamawa State
DRC is currently implementing livelihoods projects in Adamawa and Borno States. The projects are funded by EUTF, SDC, FFP and OFDA. The projects focus on promoting economic recovery and building resilience in the targeted communities.
The Business Training Consultancy firm will have responsibility for overall planning, management and execution of high level training of trainers for at least 25 DRC Livelihoods staff. The consultant/consultancy firm will also mentor DRC trainers throughout the implementation of business training of beneficiaries. The estimated timeframe for the consultancy will be for 16 days.
Ø Develop and provide a comprehensive list of appropriate training materials to DRC.
Ø Develop training modules and appropriate simulation materials.
Ø Develop appropriate templates for business plan design (designs should be simplified to cater for lower literacy individuals)
Ø Develop business plan review techniques, providing templates and tools for business plan review. These are to be used by DRC staff during selection of beneficiaries to receive business grants.
Ø Develop business financial performance tools to track financial performance ratios to enable financial performance analysis of individual small business and the general performance of all small businesses supported.
Ø Simulation utilising monitoring tools on established enterprises and analysis of collected data to provide business advisory.
Ø Assess training facility and determine appropriateness to conduct business management training
Ø Organize and facilitate small business management training of trainers to at least 25 DRC staff and mentoring at least two (2) beneficiary training sessions.
Ø Carryout pre and post training evaluations in order to determine outcome of the training
Ø Produce a comprehensive training report that highlights the followings:
1. Background of the projects and the training participants
2. Objective of the training
3. Number and brief demographic characteristics of training participants
4. Description of training methodologies used
5. Challenges experienced in the execution of the training
6. Conclusion and recommendations for the future
Ø Identify existing small and medium enterprise challenges faced by beneficiaries in current DRC programmes and provide recommendations through business advisory
Preparation of training materials including supervising the preparation of business simulation caricatures and pictures to make them culturally acceptable. 4 days
Small Business Management Skills Training (ToT). 5 days
Community practice session on how to facilitate the business simulation (practical sessions). 2 days
Debriefing 1 day
Report writing 4 days
Total number of days 16 days
Small Business Management Training organized and delivered
Business plan templates, business plan review methodologies and templates submitted to trained DRC staff.
Training materials developed into modules and relevant DRC staff trained on its implementation
Business monitoring system and tools in place to ensure tracking of progress based on financial performance indicators
Monitoring and support provided to DRC staff during training
Comprehensive training report developed and submitted
Conduct a lessons learnt session with participants, identifying gaps in established small enterprises and how to address challenges faced through guiding business advisory.
An Advanced Degree in Development Studies, Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Social Sciences or equivalent experience in the field of commerce.
· At least five 5 years of progressive field experience in small entrepreneurship development.
· Experience in monitoring, quality control and institutional capacity building efforts and development projects, preferably in post-conflict countries.
A demonstrated understanding and analytical capacity in the identification of issues relating to indicators of performance in projects.
Knowledge of ILO/CARE certified small business management training is an asset
Experience in overseas deployment in insecure and volatile environment.
Familiar with current and past socio-economic-political and cultural dynamics of North East Nigeria.
Good proficiency, in oral and written English is a must.
Proficiency in using computer applications, including software such as Power Point and Word
Excellent facilitation skills.
Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision.
Proactive and resourceful
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
Commitments: DRC/DDG has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework(http://www.DRC/DDG.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
COVERAGE AND TIMELINE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Assignment coverage: DRC is seeking an experienced Consultancy Firm. The consultancy firm is expected to be deployed in the field and should be willing to travel within Adamawa and Borno States
Start date: 24 September 2018 is the anticipated start date and it is expected that the assignment will be completed by 20 October 2018. The Consultancy firm will be required to identify the necessary resources to undertake this consultancy.
How to apply:
SEND A MAIL TO REQUIRE FOR THE FULL TOR AND ITS ANNEXES TO: email@example.com Any question should be addressed to same e mail (Do not send your application to this e-mail otherwise you will be disqualified)
All applicants must submit:
· Detail proposal about how you will undertake the assignment, detailing methodology and other processes (no longer than ten pages) in English
· CVs of applicant(s) and qualifications/background to undertake the evaluation
· Sample of previous Training of Trainers reports, including methodology and recommendation sections
· Fees / Costs of consultant filled in the request for quotation template attached
· Proposed timeline
· Proof of registration as a Consultancy Company.
· The supplier profile and registration filled in and stamped (attached)