Chief of Party at Creative Associates International.Closing date: 01 Sep 2018
Experience: 10+ Years
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded project, Northern Education Initiative Plus (NEI+), that seeks to improve access and quality of education for school-aged children in Northern Nigeria. The COP provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project’s activity and serves as the primary liaison with the donor and host government on management and technical matters.
Reporting & Supervision:
The COP will report directly to the project director at headquarters and will supervise project staff.
· Oversee the overall management and implementation of project activity;
· Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
· Actively engage key stakeholders and other education partners including DFID, UNICEF and the Global Partnership for Education and other USAID-funded implementing partners;
· Interact with numerous Government of Nigeria institutions and senior-level government officials; and
· Manage a diverse team to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· A Masters’ degree in education or a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
· At least 15 years of management and supervisory experience working with international development programs;
· At least five (5) years of experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
· Experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement;
· Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments; and
· Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· Experience in early grade reading or education in conflict-affected, alternative and rural settings; and
· Experience building organizational capacity and/or systems strengthening.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...