BUYER 1(Water and Habitat Purchaser) position at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
· Responsible for the procurement of all requested Wathab (Water & Habitat) goods and Services for the ICRC Delegation in Abuja as well as for the support to the ICRC country wide, securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time.
· Receives, plans and prioritizes orders Supply Request’s (SR) from departments and ensures a good electronic and hard filing of the Supply Requests with Wathab.
· Decides procurement mode in collaboration with Head of Purchasing Delegate and the requester: Local Procurement Request, Stock Requisition and Requisition Order to other sites, IT or admin stock.
· Identifies and forwards Petty Cash Requests to Purchasing.
· Follows up procurement with am counterparts to make sure deadlines are met; Informs requester in case of problems.
· Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on Transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well as with Wathab.
· Liaises with Wathab for the purchasing forecast
Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing, or similar field. Technical engineering is a strong plus.
Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial/Engineering or humanitarian sector.
Advanced conversational and written English. Other North East (Hausa, Fulani) dialogue is an asset.
PC literate: Microsoft office, Excel, experience with JDE or another ORACLE ERP an added value
· Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
· Honest & Trustworthy.
· Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
· Good knowledge of the local market.
· Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
· Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
How to apply
· Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
· Clearly indicate “Buyer 1 (Wathab Purchaser) Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
· In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
· Current location
· Languages you speak
· Years of relevant experience
· NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.06.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org