BUYER 1 position at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation
· Responsible for the procurement of all requested goods and services for the ICRC Delegation in Abuja as well as for the support to the ICRC country wide, securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time.
· Receives, plans and prioritizes purchase requests (SP/PO/ODs) from requesting departments and ensures a good (electronic/hard) filing of them.
· Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) and must ensure that they contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
· Ensures that all other conditions agreed in the contract have been met in terms of quality and quantity control.
· Performs necessary paperwork and assures follow up with administration and the requesting departments.
· Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with the requesting department.
Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector.
Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
PC literate: Microsoft office.
· Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
· Honest & Trustworthy.
· Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
· Good knowledge of the local market.
· Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
· Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
How to apply
· Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
· Clearly indicate “Buyer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
· In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
· Current location
· Languages you speak
· Years of relevant experience
· NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.06.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org