Area Programme Manager at Danish Refugee council Closing date: 14 Aug 2018
Experience: 5 – 7 years
DRC is looking for a driven, pro-active and innovative Area Programme Manager (APM) who can take on responsibility for a broad range of interesting emergency and stabilization/recovery programmes. This role will be crucial in the delivery of DRC’s integrated emergency response packages, engaging actively with and managing cross-sectorial activities with the DRC Protection, Livelihood, WASH/Shelter, Food Security and M&E teams. The duty station will be Mubi ( State), where the Program Manager will supervise and coordinate a range of activities across rapid emergency response to first and second line emergency response, through towards stabilization and recovery.
The role includes assessment (RNA, RPA, MSA) and response teams, in close linkage with the M&E Unit, under the overall leadership of the Area Manager, and Adamawa State and technical relationships with Protection Coordinator, Food Security Manager, WAHS/SNFI Manager, M&E Coordinator and Livelihood Coordinator. The position will have a key role in the field-level management of cross-sector teams, initially providing gap filing role for technical managers who are staying away from , but in the medium to long term taking over full management responsibility for all projects in the state. Establishing local networks to ensure information about humanitarian needs is shared in an effective, timely and protection-sensitive manner. The APM will be responsible to ensure effective data collection, community engagement, production of reports and data from assessments and effective communication on the results to enable rapid responses to urgent and ongoing humanitarian crises across broad geographic areas. The APM will also be key in ensuring a close link to the Safety Unit to discuss new locations and ensure appropriate measures are taken for access and safety on assessment and response missions. The APM also be key in ensuring a close link to supports’ teams at Mubi base level to discuss all the finance, logistics, procurement and human resources related issues.
· DEGREE in Sociology, international development, economics or management from a reputable or recognize University.
· Minimum 5 years of working experience in Managing program in humanitarian context and experience in complex emergencies and high-security environments
· Experience of access management in a high-security context, demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and adaptive manner, including security actors and local authorities.
· Working experiences with at least 3 of the 4 sectors to be covered by the position (Food Security, M&E, Livelihood and Protection).
· Master degree in social sciences or in any of the technical sectors to be covered by this position (internal development, Food Security, WASH, Shelter & NFIs and Protection).
· Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
· Strong experience in conducting large scale distributions in remote locations with limited humanitarian presence
· Proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
· Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
· Must show ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment.
· Strong reporting, report-writing and assessment skills.
· Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
· Previous working experience as Program Manager for multiple sector
· Fluent written and spoken English
· Understanding of Nigerian context and local dynamics is desirable
Salary and conditions: A14
How to apply:
· Updated CV and Cover Letter explaining the suitability for the position.
· Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
· Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
Deadline date 14/08/2018